Monday, November 15, 2010

Quite the Adventurous, Unpredictable God We Serve!



Last year, the Spirit told me to go to TN. I didn't know where in TN to go or what I was do to once I arrived. So, I started praying. Friday morning (Jan.1) was no different. I was praying for TN and through a serious of websites found out about a conference that was going on that weekend in Nashville.


I began to pray for the conference, the speakers, and the attendees. I had never heard of the woman who was going to be speaking that day, but knew that God was going to move at that gathering. As I was praying for this ministry, God said, "Get up and go!"

There was no hesitation at the moment. Shoot, I have been praying for this for a year! I went upstairs and told Michael that today was the day that I was going to TN and did he want to come with me. He said sure and within the hour we had left for a HUGE ADVENTURE with God!

I was numb for the first 2 hours, thinking, "What am I doing? What have I roped my family into?" Then a peaceful calm, like only the Spirit can bring, came over me and I was able to relax. Once we got to Nashville, butterflies took flight in my stomach. I was soooo excited to see what God was going to do at this meeting. I had no idea why I was there or what was going to happen but I knew God was going to move!

We went to a conference hosted by Powerhouse Ministries and Sandy Powell. At this weekend conference--which we only went to one session--many modern day Prophets were sharing what the Lord was speaking for 2010. We missed everyone but Sandy and a man from her ministry.

She gave a wonderful message and then began a time of ministry. She called for all ministry leaders to come up for prayer. I jumped out of my seat and walked down for prayer. When it was my turn, I walked to this loving couple and told them that I didn't know why I was there or anything about this group but I was excited to be there!

This couple prayed and prophesied over me for what seemed like hours but was really more like 15 minutes. They gave confirmation after confirmation of things I have felt the Spirit saying for the past year--down to the exact phrases that I have written down in my notes.

What a sweet night it was to be soaked in affirmation and confirmation by the Spirit through brothers and sisters that I have never met and probably will never see this side of heaven again.

As we drove home, I can say that the Lord was with us and it was so good to follow Him in his perfect timing to TN. What an unpredictable God we serve!

So, what does being led by the Spirit look like in your life? Do you hear that still small voice speaking to you? Do you follow what He says?

No comments:

Post a Comment