Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Friend



Yesterday, I had breakfast with a friend that I haven't seen in a good long while. There was a season in our lives when we were much more connected. My first inclination is to say it is the busy-ness of life that has pulled us away, but I do believe there has been more to it. See, the Lord brings people in and out of our lives in various seasons.

A year or so ago, she and I were walking a very similar path and God had put us together to encourage each other. Our assignments changed and God brought other lovely people into our lives and distanced the two of us. So breakfast yesterday was a sweet gift from the Lord.

She spoke truth and wisdom to me. There was a moment in time when the Spirit said to me before she starting speaking, "This is me speaking to you, not her." As she was speaking, the tears of comfort were welling up in my eyes and spilling down my cheeks.

With all the changes that are going on in my personal life, it was such a special kiss from the Lord to have this time with her.

May we all be blessed with those friends He has placed in our lives at various seasons. Thank Him for those He has placed around you for such a time as this.

1 comment:

  1. God gives us His best gifts in the people He surrounds us with. They encourage us, build us up, and even correct us at times. You are one of His blessings in my life. Thank you for the reminder to see and hear the Lord through our friends today!

    ReplyDelete