Wednesday, December 1, 2010

...with all my mind


When I was in second grade, I wanted to be an attorney. My aunt worked for a law firm in Chicago and I so badly wanted to ride the train into the city wearing fancy clothes and sit at a huge desk in a tall building. That year for Christmas, my aunt gave me all sorts of notepads and legal forms stuffed into a “legal sized” envelope. The rest of that winter, I played lawyer constantly. I was over the moon!

As the years clicked by, I went through a million of these phases. I wanted to be an architect, then a fashion designer, then a teacher, etc… I’m sure you can look back on your childhood and see much of the same. Maybe you wanted to be a nurse, or a secretary, or a stay-at-home mom.

Once I became a disciple of Jesus, I was hungry for His purposes. I didn’t want to be an architect, or a fashion designer, or a teacher if He didn’t want me to be. I started to be transformed into the woman that He desires me to be.

He may purpose some of us to be attorneys, teachers, nurses, secretaries, or stay-at-home-moms. Regardless, can you say, “Your will be done.” Are you walking each day growing in love and understanding of the Savior? May we crave His Word. May we be transformed by the renewing of our minds. May we allow the Spirit movement in our hearts to bring understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment