Saturday, January 15, 2011

Going Home


There will come a day when my body will stop. My heart will stop pumping, my lungs will stop breathing, and my mind will stop thinking. When that day comes, I will not care what legacy I have left for those still living. I will not care about heritage, or posterity, or ephitaphs.

 My soul will delight in the presence of the Almighty God and Creator of the Universe. My single focus will be His face. My only desire will be to worship Him. For Him alone do I walk this life, daily groaning with all nature for the return of the Everlasting.

May we live in the eternal reality that we are His. We belong to Him alone--not to this world. May our lives be grounded on the Word of God and surrounded by the presence of the Holy Spirit. May we wake early to be with our Love and fall asleep to the sweet lullaby of His song over us. Allow His grace to sweep over you. Turn your ear to heaven to wait on Him. He is worthy. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment