Saturday, January 1, 2011

Pitter Patter & Clitter Clatter



My house is void of any sounds of humanity right now. All I can hear is the wind blowing cold air outside the house and the furnace quietly blowing warm air inside.  The stillness is quietly beautiful.

Ahhh, I love my children and I love my husband. I love having them all with me. I love hearing the pitter patter of the kids traipsing up and down the stairs. I love hearing the clitter and clatter of my husband as he works on a project or rummages through a box looking for something. There is still peace in the commotion. But there is a sweetness to the silence as well.

These moments of silent stillness,these kisses of solitude, serenade me into the presence of the King of Kings. My soul remains fixed on the throne room and my body delights in the Holy Spirit's swaddling. He speaks loudly and lovely in the silence.

Sit in the silence and wait. Wait for the Lord to bring His soft silent lullaby. Wait for Him to swaddle you in His love. "He will be quiet in His love, He will rejoice over you with song," (Zeph.3:17).

No comments:

Post a Comment