Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Productivity

Today was supposed to be a productive day. I had every intention of crossing off at least 5 items on my to-do list. But, here I sit at a quarter to 5 with nothing crossed off. In fact, I thought of 3 things just in the last 10 minutes that I should add to my list!

Ever have days like this?  Ever have a life like this? When I was young and my intentions weren't ripe, but  a deep shade of green, I pictured my life looking very different than it is now. I thought I would live somewhere else, have more kids, and twirl on a mountain top singing ( in tune) at the top of my lungs something about the hills being alive with the sound of music.

I have realized as I have begun to ripen a little in wisdom that where I am is exactly where I am supposed to be. The milestones and trials that I have experienced have made me who I am today. I wouldn't give up what I have lived through. I wouldn't say that it was an unproductive life according to the to-do list. Rather, I have been blessed in the unexpected. I have come to count it all joy. I can say I am content in the daily rhythms that make up my life.

Even today, a non-productive day, according to the to-do list, has been just what it was supposed to be. A day full of time with my kids, a visit with my parents, and talking with the Lord about everything under the sun. Today was productive.

Are you right where you are supposed to be? Are you content where God has you? Can you look back and see where God has brought you and where He is taking you? Have you stopped to talk with Him today?

1 comment:

  1. I'm never content with me, but I'm content with me in him...when I remember.

    Brad

    ReplyDelete