Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Everything Old is New Again

I think it was Fraulein Maria who first introduced me to the concept of re-purposing. I remember watching her creative glance, eyeing the curtains in her bedroom one night and the next day the Von Trapp children were wearing them as play clothes.


Since watching Sound of Music many moons ago, I have re-purposed many things including dish towels and aprons which have become curtains. A shower curtain has recently become a cushion for our glider, and just today, a twin bed sheet became our new shower curtain.

Recently, I found this super book online that is full of home making projects many of which are made from re-purposed materials. It’s titled, “Handmade Home: simple ways to repurpose old materials into new family treasures” by Amanda Blake Soule.

I can’t wait to head to the library and get my hands on this book! I can’t wait to peek through the pages and get some great ideas to further the life of many things laying around my house screaming out for new life. I’ll let you know what I find!

No comments:

Post a Comment