Saturday, February 12, 2011

Rest



A year or so ago I began a study in the book of Hebrews. During the study, the Spirit took me on a journey into the depths of Christ I had not known. It was more than a touch. It was more than being swaddled by His love while in prayer or worship. It was a depth in understanding and a progression in wisdom that cannot be compared to an experience or feeling. My hunger for His word grew to craving proportions.

One of the concepts brought out during that study was Sabbath Rest. This idea that we can live in rest. No more striving or working for the kingdom of God. Instead, I have let go, opened up my heart to let God work through me. I no longer am taking the lead but have allowed Him to lead me completely. By resting in His ability to guide me, I am sitting in a home that I never expected to live in, I am filling my days with activities that I never thought I would do, and I love people with a love that is not my own.

More of Him and less of me. What a magnificant love that can consume me and create in me a heart longing for the Father's presence. My goals, my dreams, my desires for my life have been left at the cross and I now carry His goals, His dreams, His desires for me.

Where are you at today? Are you locked in a tired effort to bring about results in your spiritual life? Posture yourself in such a way that you can give your efforts to Him and you will begin to see the sweetness of His Sabbath Rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment