Monday, June 14, 2010

That Too?

The longer I go along on this journey through life back Home to my Father, I realize it is full of sacrifice. Some things are easier to sacrifice than others. Everything, eventually, gets handed over to the One who saved me. It is no longer I that live, but Christ in me. In order for me to no longer live for myself, everything must be handed over when He asks for it. 2 Corinthians 5:15 says, "and He died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf."

So, I die and hand over my lifestyle, hopes, dreams,etc...I am not living for myself anymore. Rather, I am living for Him. What gets replaced is this new life--new creation where God places in me His lifestyle, hopes, dreams, etc...which of course is perfect and pleasing to the Lord. Only with His hopes and dreams am I really at peace. True contented peace cannot be found apart from the One who grants it. It is a fruit of the Spirit after all.

Well, I have had this part of me that I haven't wanted to give over yet...Yes, He has asked me for it numerous times. I try to hand it over with my own strength and it seems to fall on the ground and roll back to me. So, I scoop it up and continue in life until He asks for it again. Really, I have needed to ask the Spirit to help me carry it to the altar where I can properly give it to God. I am too weak but He is strong.

This is the summer to fall under complete submission and hand over my love of food and my distain for exercise. I do want to loose weight, don't get me wrong, but there is a greater want inside me. I want to give Him all of me. Even the rebellious part that wants to eat what I want to eat, when I want to eat it. So, I have asked the Spirit to lift my arms up and give me the strength to hand this rebellious desire over to God and put it on the altar once and for all. This require that I be vulnerable with all of me. In some bizarre human way, I feel covered up even though I know I am exposed before the Lord always. By saying, "okay, you can have this too" I feel pretty darn naked.

Are you like me? Do you have something that you have been withholding from giving over to God? Is there something that you just want to keep for yourself and not share with Him? Do you have some leaves hiding your heart from the Father? Friends, ask the Spirit to give you His strength and comfort to pass it over to the altar. I shall be praying for you during this season of letting go, just as I know you are praying for me.

1 comment:

  1. Jackie this is good. So inspiring...
    I've been enjoying all your posts. Thanks for putting your thoughts into words. It brings things that are floating in my subconscious into my conscious being to be pondered and/or acted upon.

    ReplyDelete